Cyril Gray Golf Tournament
Worplesdon Golf Club
21st,22nd,23rd June 2018
- Teams consist of three pairs in which each player is more than 50 years old by the 1st day of the tournament. Each team match is to be played out until two pairs have won. Halved matches have to be played out until one team has two wins. You are reminded that, if you cannot raise a team of six for the main event or the plate the school concedes the round.
2A. Captains (or if not present another member of the team) must hand in details of their pairings in order of play to the Committee Member in the Entrance Hall of the Clubhouse at least half an hour before their match is due.
No team nominations will be published on the notice boards by the Committee Member concerned until the details of both teams in a match are available and they will then be placed on the board at the same time.
2B. In the event that details of a team’s complete pairings are not handed to the Committee Member in the Entrance Hall half an hour before their match is due the Committee Member on duty will at his discretion determine the pairings.
- Team captains are requested to ensure that their full team is available at the first tee at least five minutes before they are due off in the first round to assist in taking the Team photograph.
- Please note that, though there is no objection to teams having non-playing captains if so desired, it is a Committee decision that it is inappropriate for advice to be given to players, other than by their partners or caddies.
- Practice during the actual Tournament is to be confined to the practice ground or practice putting green. The Professional will again control the practice ground and will issue buckets of balls.
- Powered “ride on” buggies (as distinct from powered trolleys) may not be used in any circumstances.
- The use of distance measuring devices will be permitted in accordance with a local rule that will be posted in the Club House.
- Sandwiches (paid for out of the entrance fees) will be provided from about 5:00pm on Thursday and Friday. All other meals are to be paid for at Club prices.
- The bar on the Course will be adjacent to the 10th green.
- As you know there will be considerable pressure on car parking space. Please endeavour to share cars as much as possible and please comply with the directions of the car park attendants on arrival.
- Please note that the Club’s supply of towels is limited, and it is suggested that players bring their own. Please notify your team members accordingly.
- The prize giving will take place in the Clubhouse as soon as possible after the Finals have been played. There will be prizes for both the Tournament proper and for the Plate.
- The committee is concerned that slow play is causing a growing number of complaints. Details of steps to try to correct this are given on the enclosed sheet. Please be sure to play your part.